Sunday, April 1, 2012

Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue Album



Hiya crafty folks! I made this album as one of my Graphic 45 design team audition projects, and I wanted to take up a little lot of space here showing you all the lovely little details. It's a 6"x7" album decorated with the fantastic Tropical Travelogue line, including the die cut elements. I had a lot of fun with it!





Pages 2 and 3


Page 2 has photo/journaling spots under the bird and pineapple flaps. The flaps are held down with a lobster clasp, large ring and a bit o' bling.



Page 2 includes three pull-out tags. The leaves in the second photo are cut from one of the 12x12 sheets. Love these tropical leaves!



On pages 4 and 5 are more pull-out tags with space on the back for photos or journaling. The fishes along the bottom are cut out (I'm a fussy cutter!) and layered.




Pages 6 and 7 feature more removable panels (or, "pull-out tags"!) as well as one large panel. The orange clip on the right is holding onto a small tag.




The end. :)


Thanks for visiting today! I hope you find inspiration on these album pages. Any questions? Just post here or click the email link on the right.

In case you are wondering, I didn't make the 2012 G45 design team. It's a bummer but life goes on. I could write more about my squished ego (let's be real), but I won't. It was a serious accomplishment to be chosen as one of their "Top 30" from the hundreds of applicants. I'm not losing sight of that, rather using it as motivation to keep growing as an artist. Who knows, maybe you'll see me on the 2013 design team!

Cheers,
Susan

6 comments:

Sandie said...

Susan, don't ever give up with Graphic 45, keep trying. I know some of the girls took a few years to get accepted. Your work is beautiful.... and I adore, your book, beautiful detail and just really love the way you used everything to bring the project together....

debby4000 said...

This is gorgeous, love it.
luv
Debby

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautiful album! Love your design work.

Unknown said...

Beautiful album, love all the details

Kathi said...

This is beyond fantastic. I love all the great details.

Maria said...

This is gorgeous, Susan! And by the way, I think your DT audition was fabulous and I hope to see you on that last next year!!