Wednesday, February 8, 2012

G45's Botanicabella and Tuesday Morning sale alert!

Hiya crafty cohorts!

If you're a Tim Holtz fan and have a Tuesday Morning shop around, there's a TH weekend special starting Friday, February 10. My local opens at 10 and you better believe I'll be there before to stake my claim on whatever they have to offer. Or, at least I'll look! (They'll also have Martha Stewart and K&Co.)

Today I'd like to share a project made using Graphic 45's Botanicabella line. I've been hemming and hawing (do people still say that?) over using it for a while and finally found the right project. I don't know if I've ever told you, but a red poppy is my favorite flower. This isn't quite a poppy, but it gave me inspiration non-the-less.


It's a 5x7 canvas that started out as a card. Once I decided to use the lettering, I had to go bigger than my normal 5 1/2" card (since I don't have smaller letters). I think it was a good decision. :) The paper is wrapped around the edges and the back is finished with another design. I haven't decided if I want to use a ribbon to hang or just add a sawtooth hanger on the back. I almost want to just leave it alone so it can s1t on a shelf in peace. :)

As you can probably tell, the flower samples are popped off the canvas. I used 1/8" dots for the big pieces and 1/16" dots for the red flower and stamp.


The letters are from TH Mixed Minis grungeboard set. I threw them all in a little baggie and dripped caramel alcohol ink in to stain them brown. Once dried, I covered the tops with Vintage Photo Distress Stickles.

The butterflies are from the same sheet as the red flower. I cut them out, inked the edges, used Diamond Stickles on the light bits and covered it all with Glossy Accents.

The Dusty Attic ferns were colored using Peeled Paint Distress Stain. 

The antennae are made from black craft wire. I dip small (around 1") snips into white glue and hang upside down until they dry. Once dried I dip into glossy black paint. I usually do a bunch of them at a time to have them on hand.


Thanks for stopping in today and see you next time!

Cheers,
Susan

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby