Monday, October 18, 2010

TBS DT: Dracula Edwin

Hello hello! It's Monday, and you know what *that* means... It's my day to show you a Beary Sweet Challenge-inspired sample. Our BSC #12 challenge is to use misting on your project, and I've Glimmer Mist'd the heck outta Dracula Edwin and his lair. No, it's not garlic-flavored Glimmer Mist! I'd like to keep this little cutie around for a while, but he's already spoken for. *sigh*


I did "the usual" with pearl Glimmer Mist - spritzed the flowers (except the velvet Petaloo), black branches and vintage vampire fang tag. The best part of my misting, though, is the dry-embossed coffin - I dipped a teeny tiny paint brush into the Glimmer Mist bottle and painted the embossing! How cool is that?! I also painted Edwin's bow tie, purple cape trim and shoe strings. I really like the effect and definitely plan to use it with other mist colors.


Here is a glimpse of the easel flap. Inside is a panel for Happy Halloween greetings.


Card Recipe
Thanks for stopping in today! All week you'll find inspiration for our current Beary Sweet Challenge on "Misting". You can use any kind of misting embellishments - even handmade ones. Come join us for your chance at a $20 gift voucher to The Beary Scrap!

Cheers,
Susan

3 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Adorable - I love the way you blended the vintage with the cute! Very cool how you painted the embossing with the Glimmer Mist.

Have a great week.

Hugs,
Linda

Anita said...

Gorgeous card! I don't know what's better...all the details or your fabulous coloring!?! BEAUTIFUL!

Christina C. said...

Your Halloween card is spectacular.
A work of art for sure!