Monday, May 10, 2010

TBS DT: The Boys of Summer

Hello friends! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. I cleared 4 yucky ant-attracting shrubs (viburnum)  and countless daylilies from a flower bed that will become an herb and tomato bed. Yay! I've missed fresh herbs and home grown tomatoes and really look forward to their yumminess.

This week the Beary Scrappy girls are challenged to make a project that is boy-related.  Our theme is "Sticks & Stones/For The Boys". I found this "Digital Pencil, Too" image ages ago and have looked forward to using it.
I'm really pleased with this card. Admittedly, I didn't see "boy" when I received my Pink Paislee 365 paper pack, but it worked out really well. My little baseball player is double layered - luckily it doesn't weigh him down as he sails through the air! Notice the orange "8" on his shirt? It's my homage to Cal Ripken Jr., one of baseball's greats and a hometown hero. :)

Challenges

Card Recipe
Well, that's it for me! I hope you visit the Beary Scrap Design Team blog all week for more fun and fabulous creations for the boys. Don't forget that our current challenge is on until the end of the day on May 14th. The theme is May Flowers and you can find all the details here. I hope to see you again!

OH! And be sure to come back here tomorrow to see my birthday blog candy!

Cheers,
Susan

11 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

This is fabulous Susan, you've created real depth with the image and the whole card works beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's - hope we'll see you for the blog hop starting on the 21st too.
Ann x

Unknown said...

Susan, this is just so cute! I love the charm hanging from the star. Hope you had a fabulous weekend - I hate we don't live closer, some homegrown tomatoes sound wonderful!
hugs,
Gini

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous! I love the image and lovely colours! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :) Georgia xx

Helen said...

Fab card - love the baseball charm!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Elise said...

Oh Susan! You totally ROCKED this boy theme! I love so much how you 3d your images ... total PERFECTION! And these colors are simply GORGEOUS!!!! I love that little ball chain too!!!!! FANTABULOUS work my dear friend!!!! Love it tons!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Beryl said...

Great card Susan. Full of energy.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Beryl xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous card Susan I love the papers and design that image really looks as if he is jumping off the page also loving that charm great work and thank you so much for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x

Chelsea said...

Oh wow! What a perfect baseball charm that is. The paper works really well on this card. It's beautiful Susan.

Tracey said...

Fantastic male card, love that paper!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Susan, what a gorgeous card and perfect for those awkward male cards. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Caroline said...

Wow!! I love this card. Great image, Great paper and the charm is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender challenge. Caroline x