Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CLP Challenge #9 - Winter Fairy (Updated!)

Hello! This lovely Winter Fairy card is modeled after the CLP Sketch Challenge #9. I'm also entering it over at this week's Totally Gorjuss Bling Bling challenge - she's all bling'd out! And -believe it or not- I am entering it at Quixotic Paperie's 2nd Challenge (Stitching). Yay!




I had a lot of fun with this card. The Gorjuss Girl stamp was colored weeks ago, waiting in the wings for her moment to shine. And shine she does! If you look carefully, you'll notice I masked out her hair on the 3D wings. I knew I wanted the raised effect, but those few tendrils of hair over the wings looked weird and disconnected. Much better now!

Now, the deets:
Paper: K&Co DP, Bazzill, Co'ordinations, Wassau
Medium: Stickles, Ranger GA, Prismacolor pencils
Embellishments: MS Punch, brads, MM pins, my own beadwork, metal disc from my stash, ribbon

Thanks for taking a look!

Cheers,
Susan


13 comments:

Elise said...

Susan ... this is soooo pretty! I absolutely love the colors you've picked out! The 3d effect on the little girl is wonderful, and your charms are darling! I love it! :)
Hugs,
Elise

Luthien Thye said...

awww... she's real adorable!! reminds me of my baby :))

hey susan :)
just wanna thank you for leaving that link for me and your tips on photo editing (in case you didn't see the reply in my blog :) have a creative week my fren :)) HUGS!!

Sarah said...

A gorjuss card. Love all of it and all the detail inside too. Thanks for joining us at TG hope to see you next week. Sarah x

Chelsea said...

lovely! I've never tried coloring black hair before. Thanks for the inspiration. Such a sweet card. :)Chel

Michele Spera said...

lovely job on this card! I love the stitching on the layers, and the added charm! colors are wonderful:-) Thank you for joining us at totally gorjuss this week
XmicheleX

Suzie said...

Beautiful, inside and out. Thanks for joining us at TG. Suzie x

Sylvia Blum said...

Oh my.. this is gorgeous! Love the sparkly snowflakes as well as the colors and coloring! I also love that you decorated the inside, too. Great card!
{love} Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this card, you are amazing!
Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week - and good luck.
Barbara
xx

Kat said...

This is so pretty. What lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week.

Kat x

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

This is such a pretty card, lovely coloring and your choice of dp is beautiful. I've never colored black hair as I'm affraid I'll mess it up!!! Yours however looks stunning. Love the lace, snowflakes and the little charm!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Everyone, thank you so much for your kind comments! It means so much to me. :)

Cheers
Susan

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Killam, love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is gorgeous! Just love the dimension. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim