Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day!

In honor of WCM Day I'd like to share a little bit of my current projects. None are finished yet, of course. This morning I did finish my CLP Challenge entry, so even if the day doesn't let me in the studio, I've done my part to celebrate. *grin*

This is a Mo Manning digital image called "Swine Flu". How fabulous is Mo?! I originally wanted to use this for the challenge, but he's too big for the required elements. The background paper is so sweet and grandmotherly that I can't help but think a cup of tea is on it's way. Believe it or not, the white ruffle is compliments of Kleenex!


The next teaser is from a set of Christmas cards. I used Martha Stewart's incredibly versatile branch punch over and over and over and over until I had enough for about 5 trees. Then my hand cramped up  - conveniently in the shape of a wine glass, whose contents made the cramping disappear. See how that works?


These cards still need to be "blinged out", but I'm really pleased with the combination of branch punch and Pearl Glimmer Mist. The finished card will be relatively simple - silver star on top and a combination of sheer ribbon and "s" shaped findings. I'll show more when all the "mail order" parts come in.

My last project teaser isn't a card, but a glimpse of my one and only pre-made Halloween layout. I've worked on this house off and on for about a week, partly just staring at it for the next clue as to what it needs. :) I really enjoy paper piecing, and this one challenged me with its little bitty parts. The door is Cricut-cut, but everything else is hand cut.


There will be costumed tear bears, of course. It should be up by the 10th or so;  it's getting late in the season and I'm sure my mind isn't the only that's moved on the more "festive" holiday projects!

I hope your day is productive!
Susan

2 comments:

Colleen { HappyLittleArt } said...

Susan!
Love that tree!! How fun is that?? What a neat idea! and I love that a glass of wine can fix that hand cramping too!! Fabulous!! =;O)
Can't wait to see the whole thing!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

You crack me up! I love the wine therapy :) Great tree! Holy Smokes!

Glad to have found your blog, and another fan of Glee! :

Cheers!
Kristen